Bloomberg Learning Designer in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 65249
About Our Team:
We are Learning Design and Technologies. Our team is a part of Bloomberg's Global Talent Development (TD) group. We develop best-in-class online learning solutions and talent strategies, always taking into account Bloomberg's global scope and diverse businesses.
Our team plays a unique role at Bloomberg, serving internal clients such as Human Resources, Communications, Risk and Compliance, to ensure that their critical messages and learning objectives for employees are transmitted to each person through a compelling and creative elearning experience. We know it takes more than just getting people into a classroom to make an impact to their skills, knowledge and performance.
We feel passionate that Bloomberg employees should have the right information to work effectively and develop themselves, and that this important content should be provided to them through interesting, cutting-edge and creative online learning experiences.
As the Learning Design and Technologies team for one of the world's premier technology companies, we need to be 20 steps ahead of today's technology standards and know which elearning innovations are coming next. We want our online learning to reflect the innovation that we're known for worldwide.
Our team also partners closely with senior business leaders to help them deliver their important communications, especially as relates to their strategic business plans. Through this work, as well as our ongoing support to HR, we're helping to develop the best and brightest diverse talent at Bloomberg.
We bring a broad approach to our work - pulling from multiple learning and development technologies - to ensure impact across Bloomberg's global footprint. We're constantly challenged to meet firmwide, global business objectives while also adapting to local requirements. We collaborate extensively within our team and across the organization.
What’s the role?
As a Senior Learning Designer, you’ll utilize strong instructional design and elearning development experience to build innovative learning programs.
You'll collaborate with our business leaders and HR colleagues to assess needs, design solutions and develop tools and materials to build the skills and capabilities of our global organization. You'll make a direct impact on our global organization by partnering with internal clients to drive their messages and learning objectives firmwide.
You'll be seen as our in-house expert on what it takes to teach and train our organization online, using interesting and creative elearning approaches. Your projects will drive professional and organizational development, whether it's how to perfect one's presentation skills or understanding more about the organization's compliance policies.
This role offers the opportunity to bring technical, creative, advisory and commercial skills to learning design.
Who are you?
You thrive as an exceptional multi-tasker, you're someone with a real passion for creativity and learning technology platforms. You know the latest and greatest learning technology trends and how to apply them creatively and in keeping with our company culture. You love to create compelling course content that features amazing design and integrates the best and most effective ways that people learn.
You’re a problem-solver who thinks fast and adapts quickly to change, and is happy to be "hands-on" in all aspects of our team's work. Most of all, you’re client-service oriented with outstanding critical thinking and communication skills.
You're someone who thinks globally and commercially while able to adapt and customize business requirements to local needs. You have a high degree of integrity and want to make a difference. You love making an impact and helping others to see what great learning technology can convey.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design and develop innovative and impactful programs using a variety of instructional methods from formal to informal, classroom to online learning
- Work collaboratively with Bloomberg business representatives and subject matter experts in the design, production and testing of online courses and programs
- Partner with our trusted vendors to develop and implement new learning solutions
- Evolve and manage the tools we use for building and delivering courseware
- Offer creative input and technical expertise to assist in the development of blended learning solutions
- Join forces with our technical departments and our LMS administrators to ensure that courseware is optimally designed for our environment, troubleshooting any problems that might arise
- Create metrics and methods to evaluate the impact of our programs
- Keep current in industry best practices within training and course development, leveraging these practices as appropriate
You need to have:
- 6+ years of experience designing and developing blended, virtual and online training programs
- Excellent instructional design and course development skills, with experience in visual design, needs assessment, storyboarding and script development
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under aggressive deadlines
- Outstanding project management and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, especially presentation skills
- Commitment to teamwork and ability to work collaboratively
- Solid organizational skills and the drive to take personal accountability for the success of the team's projects
- Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience with Cornerstone on Demand (preferable) or other LMS software (including AICC and SCORM)
- Experience with xAPI
- Experience with content curation
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Interest in HR and employee engagement
If this sounds like you:
Apply: If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.