Bloomberg Market Data Contributions - Account Manager in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 67774
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. Our Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is all about capturing and integrating data to provide our customers with the information they need. The department is comprised of several teams including: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Product Development, Contracts, and Market Structure. We on board an incredible amount of content so it's imperative that it is discoverable, compliant, done in an efficient manner, and compliments other Bloomberg products.
You're on the pulse with market movements and live for the details beyond the headlines. You love to build relationships and always look to provide excellent customer service. As a natural problem solver you thrive on building innovative solutions to complex problems.
As a part of the Pricing Contributions team, you’ll be handling a number of accounts, building strong relationships and providing technical solutions for key market players across the Americas region. Your role is to drive these connections forward in order to deliver high quality OTC pricing and government agency data to the Bloomberg Terminal. You will work directly with Business Managers, E-Commerce and Market Data departments at Major Banks, Brokerages and other Financial institutions. You will need to establish strong proactive relationships to manage these accounts, fulfilling both Customer and Bloomberg business objectives. There is a strong technical aspect to the role and it will require direct project management over the installation of real-time pricing feeds as well as providing support and guidance for existing contributors and content. There will also be a strong focus on proactive initiatives to improve the coverage and quality of contributed data. You will also work closely with Bloomberg Sales, Product & Content Specialists, Trading Systems, Networks, Engineering and Data teams to ensure that the pricing is fast, reliable, and accessible across the Bloomberg platform.
Excellent communication skills, Proactive Account Management, the ability to multi-task, strong technical aptitude, and a keen interest in the financial markets are critical. Strong experience within a Market Data environment, particularly at a bank/brokerage is preferred.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Client management; building and maintaining client relationships, individually and as part of a global team
- Project and Account Management
- Installing and configuring contributions software; working with IT contacts remotely and onsite; and troubleshooting any technical issues or failures
- Handling internal/external queries and requests regarding real-time data and feeds within a time-sensitive market
- Providing internal and external technical expertise and support
- Driving and supporting technical and business development
You'll need to have:
- Previous experience in a client-facing or project management role
- Desire to be challenged, and motivated to rise to the occasion
- Excellent communication, customer service and account management skills
- Technical interest and aptitude
- Passion for, and knowledge of Financial Markets
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, team environment
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.