Bloomberg Scrum Master- Workflow Technologies in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 67353
At Bloomberg, everything moves at the speed of light, including our employees. Our Internal Applications team builds the solutions that keep our global company running, and we have a tremendous impact on our employees' day-to-day. We are focused on building high-quality and user-friendly systems that help our 20,000 employees around the world do their job in the most efficient manner.
What we do:
Bloomberg manages one of the world's largest private data networks to help bring the financial community around the world closer together. This network is how all of our subscribers connect back to our data centers, and serves latency sensitive market data, Terminal services, Electronic Trading Platforms, Enterprise Solutions, news, and video. Our network footprint is constantly growing, and the Networks Applications Team in the Workflow Technologies group is responsible for the tools that help the Network Engineers do their job. We build the tools to help track every piece of our massive network and provide intelligence to help optimize request traffic and provide network load balancing.
We have adopted an Agile environment using Scrum methodologies to increase innovation and collaboration. You will use your expertise in Scrum and Kanban to lead us through the adoption, implementation, and maintenance of Agile processes, principles, and practices across the team. You'll work directly with the team to identify, prioritize, and eliminate obstacles in the development process. In other words, you will help make sure things run smoothly - all the time.
We'll trust you to:
- Perform ongoing assessments of the team's Scrum maturity and implement iterations as needed
- Cultivate Communities of Practice
- Partner with product owners to ensure vision, roadmap, and personas are well defined
- Help teams continuously reflect and improve, becoming more effective in their roles and increasing their predictability, collaboration, and quality practices
- Ensure adherence to Agile methodology including sprint events (stand-ups, demos, retrospectives), roadmapping, backlog management (definition, grooming, prioritization), and sizing, task estimation, and velocity tracking
You'll need to have:
- 2+ years of experience practicing Scrum and Lean Startup methodologies
- Exposure to real-world Scrum, guiding at least two organizations through Scrum adoption
- Professional experience as a hands-on software developer
- Demonstrated experience with change management across multiple teams, products, environments, and technologies
- Familiarity with SAFe, LeSS, or other approaches for scaling Agile
- Working knowledge of Atlassian tools
We'd love to see:
- Scrum Coach Certification (CSC)