Bloomberg Senior Bloomberg SDK Engineer in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 67092
Bloomberg has a reputation for providing the most accurate, comprehensive, and valuable financial information. That’s why many of our clients seek to leverage Bloomberg data in their custom applications. Our team makes that possible.
We build and enhance the software development kits (SDKs), libraries available in C++, Java, C#, and Python, that allow software developers to create proprietary enterprise applications that consume Bloomberg’s financial market data - the same real-time market, historical, and premium reference data available with the Bloomberg Professional service (the Terminal). The APIs and SDKs are also used by clients for privately publishing and consuming their own (non-Bloomberg) data while leveraging the global Bloomberg infrastructure for efficient, timely data distribution.
These toolkits, known as the BLPAPI, are used daily by more than 100,000 Bloomberg customers to power global market data distribution to enterprise applications worldwide. If you’re a polyglot looking to looking to leverage your expertise of API design, threading, and large-scale software architecture, read on.
As a member of our team, we’ll trust you to:
- Understand our clients’ needs and the intricacies of our complex data infrastructure to provide software interfaces that make it easy for clients to effectively leverage the power of Bloomberg’s data and global data distribution infrastructure
- Work across multiple programming languages to craft elegant interfaces that are easy to use and stable for years
- Write performant, rock-solid implementations to back up the APIs
- Have a test-driven mindset – if it is not tested, then it is not “Done”
- Leverage your CS expertise to pick up and master new programming languages on the job
- Take a deep dive into our existing code base to improve documentation and optimize code where needed
- Write user-facing documentation, working examples (demo code) and user tutorials as needed
- Patiently answer user questions and suggest practical workarounds
- Master and improve our own tooling and processes
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years’ experience programming in C++, Java, C#, or Python and a willingness to learn / work in all of these languages
- 3+ years’ experience with multi-threaded programming
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
We’d love to see:
- Experience working on SDKs
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP and PGM
If this sounds like you:
Submit an application, and check out our API libraries, documentation, and publications at https://www.bloomberglabs.com/api/ .
You can also learn about a couple less conventional uses of our APIs including a Billboard in Time square ( https://www.bloomberg.com/company/announcements/bloomberg-joins-morgan-stanley-in-unveiling-new-digital-signage-in-times-square/ ) and the first ever hackathon to take place on a train in Europe https://www.bloomberg.com/rd/hacktrain/ .