Bloomberg Senior C++ Engineer - News Classification in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 66327
Bloomberg News is the predominant force in the business of serious financial market news. Our clients are financial market professionals and the decision makers of corporations and government. News Classification is responsible for annotating incoming news stories with Topics, Companies, Currencies and People in real-time. We receive about 1 million documents across 20+ languages and process them on average within 30 milliseconds. News moves markets, so it is even more important to get the correct News in front of the right people.
What our team does:
Our mission is to increase the breath of coverage (recall) and quality (precision) of our product, while trying to scale for every growing load. Our code base is C++, with integration with Java (Luwak / Lucene). Our classification is a hybrid of rules based and NLP / Machine Learning. We are also maintaining the ontology of Bloomberg Securities and other entities to our News Entities / Concepts, which also feeds our rules and models.
What’s in it for you?
In the next year, we are going to refactor our system to “containerize” our application so that we can meet the demand of our Enterprise clients for our Industry leading classification. This is the perfect time to get in on the ground floor and help influence the direction of our architecture.
We’ll expect you to:
- Develop highly performant, well-structured, well tested code in a timely manner
- Work collaboratively with Engineers inside and outside the team, as well as business stakeholders
- Use your technical expertise to mentor others and contribute to the growth of the team
You’ll need to have:
- Strong C++ and Unix skills
- Deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Deep understanding of concurrent programming
- Good communication skills and self-motivated
If this sounds like you, apply now! We’ll get in touch if we believe you’re a good match and get started with a technical phone interview.