Bloomberg Senior C++ Engineer - Systems Infrastructure Job Scheduler Team in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 67086
Come work on the biggest job scheduler in Bloomberg!
Our job scheduling system is a critical piece of Bloomberg infrastructure supporting the development needs of all Bloomberg engineers. It is constantly scheduling tens of thousands of jobs and running millions of commands across thousands of machines every day. The system provides an intuitive user interface function for interactive use and a set of services for programmatic use.
We design and implemented it from scratch to meet the unique constraints of and integrate with the Bloomberg environment. Our job scheduler has many features including job dependencies, retries, job load balancing, business day and multi-calendar scheduling and job failure alerts.
You can help make the system more robust and fault-tolerant as it handles ever-higher loads. We plan to improve user experience by enhancing the management and deployment of jobs.
If you're an engineer who like to design complete solutions, and wants to build reliable and scalable systems, we'd love to talk to you!
We'll trust you to:
- Architect reliable and scalable solutions
- Analyze and solve problems
- Communicate with and listen to our users (Bloomberg application engineers) to build software solutions that support their needs
You need to have:
- 3+ years experience with multi-threaded C++ code
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and object-oriented design.
- Experience with database design and accessing using SQL/no-SQL solutions
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
We'd love to see:
- Experience with Git/Jenkins/Google Test/Google Mock/Pytest/Splunk/Grafana