Bloomberg Senior Full Stack Engineer - Web Multimedia Services in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 65515
Not many companies can say they stream more than two million videos per day, totaling petabytes of data each month. As the Engineering team behind Bloomberg's Consumer Media video delivery, our team owns the full stack of the multimedia experience that includes a custom HTML 5 based video player, configurations and multimedia asset management, and the actual delivery of both VOD and LIVE streams. What we build is used by Bloomberg's multiple TV and radio channels as well as our Video-on-Demand service. With more than 200,000 assets in our library, it's our job to make sure our end users can watch them wherever and whenever they want.
Besides hands-on development work on the player code and the backend services, the team works closely with multiple CDNs and global DNSs to manage stream delivery, balancing cost, quality, and availability. To do that, we work with the video producers, the frontend developers who are building the websites, and the content delivery networks. We are an industry leader as far as multi origin and multi CDN content delivery goes. You will have the opportunity to work with the full stack of media streaming technologies and the experience of owning and managing a large, highly available distributed system.
We'll trust you to:
- Engineer end-to-end multimedia infrastructure and delivery for web consumption
- Make improvements to deliver reliable and flexible service to our internal and external users
- Own our multimedia management and delivery
You'll need to have:
- 3 years of experience with Node.js or Java building backend services using REST
- An understanding of end-to-end multimedia delivery on various clients
We'd love to see:
- Experience with HTML5 Video- Familiarity with Spring Framework
- Experience with streaming protocols (HLS, DASH)
- Experience with a CDN for video streaming