Bloomberg Senior Software Engineer - Electronic Trading (C++) in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 66457
We are the engineering team behind the world's largest over-the-counter (OTC) electronic trading (ET) platforms encompassing Fixed Income, Currencies, Commodities, Derivatives and Equities. Our products offer end-to-end trading workflows including price discovery, real-time analytics/pricing, execution and straight through processing (STP), and are fully integrated with the Bloomberg terminal and enterprise solutions.
Our platforms have been at the heart of recent market structure changes, driven by trade automation and regulation. Clients are actively looking to cut costs by switching to more automated and efficient ways of trading, and regulators are pushing for more transparency and systemic controls to prevent another financial crisis. This is an exciting time for us as we embark on projects that cater to these needs and leave a lasting impact on financial trading markets.
Stability, availability, low-latency and flexibility are important elements of a successful trading platform, and we strive to build software with these principles in mind. As Engineers, we work on highly transactional, multi-threaded and distributed services with an emphasis on proven development practices. We constantly evaluate new technologies to ensure creative solutions. We take pride in our product and partner closely with business and sales teams to influence product design.
What’s in it for you:
- An opportunity to work on a complete tech stack to deliver client facing products
- Using industry standard technologies to build high performance systems
- Work in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork is the key to success
- An opportunity to learn how the financial markets operate by working closely with product managers and clients
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience programming in C++
- Self-motivated and proactive attitude to problem solving
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment using agile methodologies
We’d love to see:
- Experience with multi-threading and asynchronous event-driven programming
- Experience with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Experience working in a UNIX or Linux development environment
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, and developer productivity tools such as Jenkins and Splunk.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact email@example.com