Bloomberg Senior Software Engineer - Web Shared Services in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 67999
Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone reaching over 80 million unique visitors a month through its digital properties. The Web Shared Services team is responsible for creating APIs that enable other teams to build Apps, websites and syndicate data to our partners. We scale Bloomberg proprietary data to web scale and manage a suite of microservices to achieve this. Every webpage or app powered by Bloomberg uses our services to get data.
What's in it for you?
Web Shared Services are setting wheels in motion on building next generation of APIs that are built on event based systems and truly embodies the principles of eventually consistent systems. You will be part of the team that is responsible for building a single interface for all the data that Bloomberg has to offer, breaking down tightly coupled systems and enabling business to deliver features rapidly to end-users in a constantly evolving media landscape.
We'll trust you to:
- Abstract away implementation details and complexity behind a simple API.
- Build reactive applications that can handle changes in throughput gracefully.
- Build proactive alerting/monitoring around applications to identify issues before the end users see them.
- Develop and maintain documentation, training and SLA for managed applications and systems to socialize and be agents of change.
- Automate each and every monotonous task that affects developer productivity.
- Be comfortable with agile methodology, understanding a business problem and driven to deliver value to business in an incremental way.
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- 3+ years of experience with Java or Node.js
- A strong understanding of microservices and Restful APIs.
- Experience working with relational databases.
We'd love to see:
- Experience with GraphQL as an interface to Restful APIs.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Deployment and Delivery.
- Service discovery in the context of microservices.