Bloomberg Server & Storage System Administration Team Leader in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 67516
Our Global Information Systems Team is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s the internal IT systems including our global corporate network, and the hardware/software to support nearly 19,000 employees in more than 170 offices around the world.
Our employees rely on the technology solutions and support that we provide to do their jobs in a fast-paced, highly-demanding, technology-focused environment.
Our 19,000 employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle approximately 400+ software titles, as well as, monitor and implement security for the entire corporate network that consists of 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays and 120,000 network connections.
The Global System Administration team is essential for operational efficiency of our internal IT systems. We are trusted to ensure that our IT infrastructure is running efficiently at all times in order to support the tens of thousands of devices operating on our network. We also support the thousands of employees that rely on our technology to carry out their roles effectively in a fast-paced technology focused company. We collaborate daily with other teams including Service Desk Technicians, AV, Security, Mobile Technology, and Infrastructure design teams.
What’s The Role?
As the Server & Storage System Administration Team Leader, you’ll be part of a team providing support for our internal Global Server & Storage Infrastructure. You will join Global System Administration leaders in unifying our Global Follow the Sun Model. You'll leverage tools from our Infrastructure teams, and deliver on the execution of projects. Your team will also provide 3rd line technical support to our Global Service Desk, Technician, Security, and Engineering teams.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Assist our Global Infrastructure Design team with the implementation of new technology
- Have flexibility and willingness to step up and offer support to other members of the team who may be seeking assistance on a variety of other corporate technologies.
You'll Need To Have:
- Advanced Windows Server and Desktop operational and troubleshooting knowledge covering all platforms of Windows Server including Server 2016
- Deep understanding of SQL, VM backup procedures with Avamar
- General understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy architecture
- Knowledge of VMWare & all Storage Appliances
- Windows PowerShell knowledge
- Understanding of system monitoring
- Ability to manage expectations
- Ability to document workflows and discuss with Security & Infrastructure Teams
- A real passion for technology
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks assigned to team in our dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
We'd Love To See:
- Scripting and automation knowledge
- Familiarization with all storage technologies
- Experience supporting Microsoft SQL
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- 5+ years relevant experience
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, and in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.