Bloomberg Software Engineer - Budget Tools in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 67265
We are the cornerstone for on-demand Infrastructure within Bloomberg. Our mission is to provide a unified, self-service experience for all Infrastructure events by building a streamlined workflow product from the ground up. This product integrates disjointed Infrastructure sub-systems and automates manual ticket based operations, directly impacting overall Engineering Productivity.
In order to succeed in our mission, we're building a simple yet sophisticated UI/API(s) for capital/asset management. This product needs to have intuitive real-time event processing and navigation capability.
What's in it for You?
This is a unique opportunity to be part of our NoOps evolution and influence the future of Bloomberg Infrastructure.
On our team, you'll build innovative user interfaces, develop robust RESTful APIs, implement critical Services, and design scalable Data Models. On any given day, you'll collaborate with Senior Engineers, and Product/Program Managers across departments to solve complex problems for your customers.
You'll need to have:
- Familiarly with web design & development (React)
- Knowledge of REST APIs and Microservices on Linux/Unix environments
- Exposure to Relational Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
We'd love to see:
- Technical Mentoring
- Scrum/Kanban Agile Methodologies
- Visualization, Search Analytics, and Development Tools
- Open Source Contributions: https://github.com/bloomberg