Bloomberg SRE - DNS and IPAM in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 67351
An SRE at Bloomberg is a hybrid of systems and software engineering who is trusted to improve the stability and availability of the production environment through automation. We're responsible for monitoring, provisioning, configuration management, orchestration, capacity planning, deployment and rollback, incident management, and systems development life cycle practices.
Network services team is trusted to maintain Bloomberg's critical services: DNS, DHCP, and IP address management solution (DDI) and NTP/PTP. In addition, we provide self-service applications written in Python to offer a DNS fail-over solution and a data correlation tool. Our primary focus is on designing and maintaining highly available and resilient environments for our critical services. We are highly creative and come from a wide array of backgrounds including network and system engineering, software development and web devops. On our team your work will be highly visible and have an impact on the whole company.
You will need to have:
- Experience designing and managing DNS environment
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and Unix networking
- Deep expertise troubleshooting complex distributed systems
- Demonstrated experience programming and testing Python
- Ability to listen, communicate, evaluate, problem solve, multi-task, and prioritize in a high-pressure, mission-critical, and rewarding team environment.
We'd Love to See:
- Experience managing NTP/PTP infrastructure
- Experience with creating and improving documented procedures and/or playbooks
- Working knowledge of Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Salt
- Familiarity with open source configuration, orchestration, and CI/CD tools