Bloomberg SRE - Kubernetes as a Service in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 66136
Service Reliability Engineer (SRE) -- Kubernetes as a Service
A Service Reliability Engineer (SRE) at Bloomberg is a hybrid of systems and software engineering who is trusted to improve the stability and availability of the production environment through automation. They are responsible for Monitoring, Provisioning / Configuration / Orchestration, Capacity Management, Deployment and Rollback, Incident Management, and SDLC practices.
The Kubernetes Infrastructure team is responsible for infrastructure and standards for application deployment on Linux containers. Our primary responsibility is building and maintaining the company's Kubernetes-as-a-Service platform that will manage containerized applications. Additionally, we are establishing best practices and tooling for containerized applications leveraging cloud native principles.
What's In It For You?
You'll work with modern open-source tooling while maintaining mission-critical systems hosting a wide array of applications. We'll depend on you to advise on design, architecture, and scaling of Kubernetes infrastructure and you'll play a critical role in improving the stability of container application and infrastructure deployment.
You'll Need to Have:
- Demonstrated experience programming and testing Python, Ruby or Go
- Experience working in a 24/7 production engineering organization
- Understanding of Linux container principles and best practices
- Ability to listen, communicate, evaluate, problem solve, multi-task, and prioritize in a high-pressure, mission-critical, and rewarding team environment.
We'd Love to See:
- Deep expertise troubleshooting complex distributed systems
- Understanding of cloud native technologies like Prometheus, Kubernetes and Envoy
- Experience writing RESTful api services or self-serve tooling
- Experience with creating and improving documented procedures and/or playbooks
- Working knowledge of Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Salt
- Familiarity with open source configuration, orchestration, and CI/CD tools
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and Unix networking, Linux kernel performance (virtual memory and process scheduling)