Bloomberg Technical Recruiter in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 70690
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us too. Our employees can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else.
We represent and grow Bloomberg by identifying, attracting and hiring top talent. Our client groups expect nothing but the best from us. We work with them to develop a deep understanding of their business objectives, products, people, and challenges, in order to present the best skilled candidates. We don’t stop there. We put our business caps on and bring creative ideas, curiosity and insight to the table, backed up with a data-driven approach. This enables us to truly partner with hiring managers, new hires, interviewers and HR business partners to continually iterate and re-iterate around key strategic areas for Bloomberg, such as Candidate Experience, Sourcing and Quality of Hire.
Our typical day to day is tough to depict. It can be as varied as you want it to be. It can start off with a talent strategy meeting with one of your business managers, working with them to create a profile and key competencies that accurately define their role and requirements; to setting up a robust and diverse interview process; to building a tailored sourcing plan; to discussing strategic projects with your HR colleagues revolving around key business needs; and wrapping it all up by actively taking part in a global workgroup think tank session….with a lunchtime hour thrown in helping local school kids with their reading.
Who you are:
You are a senior recruiter comfortable recruiting for highly technical roles. You understand that in this day and age, protection against the cyber threat is more critical than ever. You know the industry landscape inside out and just how critical it is to find the right thinkers and doers in the market, as well as how to go get them. You partner with your clients as a senior advisor, you're enthusiastic on the value of talent, are creative in sourcing methodologies and execute with a commercial mindset.
We'll trust you to:
- Partner with hiring managers and business leaders to create innovative and effective hiring processes
- Handle drafting of job descriptions, review resumes, interview and close candidates
- Think creatively to develop non-traditional talent sourcing strategies to aid specific business strategic initiatives
- Deliver regular updates and feedback clearly and tactfully to candidates, hiring managers, and other key decision makers
- Support the development of your interviewers through training and coaching
- Create effective analysis and reporting to measure the success and impact of your recruitment efforts as well as the quality of your hires
- Tap into expertise by building and nurturing relationships with internal cross-functional HR partners
- Stay in tune with external market factors affecting your business areas, as well as new best practices/trends affecting recruiting
- Help build our employer brand through social media, external events and networking
- Navigate ambiguous and complex situations and to make decisions independently, with limited information
You’ll need to have:
- Validated solid history of full-cycle recruiting - identifying, evaluating and hiring niche talent across Technical / Risk / Cyber Security professionals
- Experience working in a rapidly changing environment whilst being agile to rapidly adjust to changing workflows and demands.
- Strong relationship management, negotiation skills, a consultative approach and the ability to influence multiple constituents without direct authority
- Solid behavioral interviewing skills and candidate assessment techniques
- Solid experience using applicant tracking systems, Human Resources information systems, and other recruiting-related applications
- Professional presence, including the proven ability to interact with senior stakeholders and represent Bloomberg at external events
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with experience working across diverse teams
We’d love to see:
- Track record of success in sourcing diverse candidates through community groups and events, and working with nonprofit and external partner organizations
If this sounds like you: Apply - if we believe you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel "Inside Bloomberg" www.youtube.com/InsideBloomberg
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status