Bloomberg Technical Support Specialist (Portuguese Speaker) in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 67907
Bloomberg’s Implementation Specialists are the very best in global front line support. We are responsible for implementing and supporting Bloomberg’s variety of products and services. We are a high profile team that requires the best in technical troubleshooting and project management.
What's The Role?
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will provide both new and existing Bloomberg clients with platinum technical service. You'll offer advanced technical skills to resolve issues and work closely with a range of stakeholders to deliver access to the Bloomberg infrastructure while meeting our clients’ connectivity needs. You will be responsible for leading key accounts while regularly liaising with market data and technology personnel as well as telecommunication providers, service vendors, and a variety of internal partners to ensure the highest quality of service to our customers.
If you wish to be involved in an exciting, fast-paced opportunity that allows you to fully utilize your communication, technical, and project coordination skills while gaining insight into the global financial markets - then this may be the opportunity for you.
We'll Trust You To:
- Be a self-starter with a passion for technology
- Have proficiency at multitasking in a high-volume environment
- Be dedicated to providing exceptional customer service.
- Support Bloomberg's software, hardware, and network offerings coordinating with clients and stakeholders throughout.
- Install, manage, and maintain of all Bloomberg’s private IP network, including connectivity and infrastructure on our metro-E network
- Integrate and support Bloomberg products and services into our clients’ environments including troubleshooting and debugging software
- Set up hardware on virtual environments (VMWARE, CITRIX, etc)
- Coordinate with external vendors (HP, Dell,Cisco, McAfee, etc)
- Troubleshoot FIX connections
- Maintain relationships with telco vendors globally (AT&T, Verizon, Telefonica, BT) to report and escalate service impact issues on tail circuits
- Coordinate and lead internal/external resources to meet tight project deadlines
- Recommend, design, and implement communication strategies to improve the support of Bloomberg products and services
- Multitask to prioritize a high volume of simultaneous projects and tasks
You'll Need To Have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Legal authorization to work in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English and Portuguese
- Demonstrated knowledge of router commands, network protocols (such as SFTP, TCP, UDP, RIP, etc.) and message protocols including FIX 4.0, FIX 4.2, and Fix 4.4
- Experience with communicating and coordinating with internal/external groups to define project scope and meet project deliverables across the implementation process
- A real passion for and proven experience of supporting technology across a multitude of platforms
- A solid grasp of PC hardware, operating systems and software suites (Windows & Mac OS, Office Suite, VBA, API)
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to remain calm under pressure
- An aptitude for multitasking
- Proven excellence in customer service
We'd Love To See (Nice To Haves):
- Knowledge of telecommunication lines, basic network design, and security
What’s It Like To Work Here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. That being said, it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives from helping local school kids with their reading to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.