Bloomberg TechOp Engineer - Ticker Plant (Consultant) in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 68211
Bloomberg is the premier provider of real-time market data to the financial world. The Ticker Plant group is at the core of both the Bloomberg Professional Service and Enterprise Solutions products that process market data from around the world. Our systems process over 80 billion events a day while servicing millions of client queries from our cutting edge time series database.
You will be part of a highly creative, dynamic, and innovative team environment. The job requires you to work closely with various groups including system administration, application development, and network design. Our group designs, implements, and supports operational procedures on different hardware platforms that make up the Ticker Plant environment. You will join a team responsible for designing, testing, and launching new processes to procure, build, and release infrastructure allowing Bloomberg’s Ticker Plant to quickly respond to changing capacity needs due to market conditions and/or application usage.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience with UNIX/Linux environments
- A basic understanding of Open Source DevOps configuration management and orchestration tools (Ansible, Salt)
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently & in a team environment under deadlines
- The ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
We’d love to see:
- 3 years Systems or Network Administration or Operations experience
- Understanding of UNIX/Linux flavors and tools, basic TCP/IP communications
- Some programming and/or automation experience in Python, Perl, and/or Korn shell
- Multiple open source automation and management tool-set knowledge (includes: Chef, Ruby, GitHub, Salt, Ansible, Jira, etc., to name a few)