Bloomberg Company Financials Analyst - Portuguese Speaker in Princeton, New Jersey
Job Requisition Number: 67096
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Our products run on intelligence and industry-specific insight provided by Global Data’s Company Financials team. Our team of Analysts influence investment decisions and move the markets every day, and we are growing. That’s where you come in.
As a Fundamentals or Earnings Estimates Analyst, your actions will produce powerful results. You will need to have the context – meaning that having passion for and an understanding of the markets is a must. With this foundation, you’ll develop expertise in key industries and manage the corresponding data. You’ll learn to leverage your financial knowledge and analytical thinking to derive meaningful insights for our customers. Our team is at the center of it all; the energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor. You’ll transform complex data and work processes into products that are indispensable to our users. That’s our purpose- come find yours!
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, update and maintain high-quality financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify themes or trends affecting key market sectors
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Work on complex data projects related to Equity Fundamentals and Earnings Estimates data sets
- Develop subject matter expertise and derive powerful intelligence – founding the backbone of our Research and Equity functionality
You’ll need to have:
- Business fluency in both English and Portuguese languages (Speaking, Reading, Writing)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics or equivalent work experience
- 1 to 3 years of work/internship experience in data analysis, financial market research and/or information technology
- A can-do attitude, and a very proactive approach to each day
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements; understanding of finance and accounting principles and procedures
- Detail-oriented research and analysis skills
- Strong organizational competency and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to improve and further develop our products
- Ability to meet deadlines and logically approach problems
- Keen interest in information management, technology and product development
- Ability to adapt within a dynamic environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline preferred/CFA designation
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the financial industry
- A high-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Interest in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example knowledge of VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex)
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal, or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.