Bloomberg Senior Software Engineer- Contributed Services in Princeton, New Jersey
Job Requisition Number: 66329
The Contributed Services team is responsible for creating rich user interfaces as well as powerful backend servers used to power the Bloomberg Terminal. We are contributing to all phases of the software engineering process. The team has many products, which are core to our clients. We are responsible for providing client-facing real-time monitor screens for our many contributors. These screens help facilitate trading between parties in various markets, primarily fixed income.
In addition, the team is responsible for the collection, storage, and dissemination of the core company databases. These databases provide relationships and a primary identification for the Bloomberg ID, a critical piece of infrastructure, which impacts almost all of our securities databases.
As an engineer in Data Technologies, you’ll be responsible for the systems that onboard all the referential data that drive Bloomberg's applications and enterprise systems. As our clients are shifting more and more to rely on machines to interpret data and drive insights, we are utilizing cutting edge technologies to deliver unparalleled data quality. By joining Data Technologies, you will help us improve the accuracy, coverage, timeliness, and accessibility of our data to service our clients across all of Bloomberg's products. Learn more about the Data Technologies teams at Princeton here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtUu9LCNmiU
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in CS, Engineering or Related Field
- Very strong with C/C++ and Python with a minimum of 5 years development experience
- Experience with UI design as a secondary skill
- Experience with developing in a Linux, Solaris, or AIX environment
- Deep understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms and Object-Oriented design concepts
- Experience with ODBC and related database access technologies
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with and/or interest in full software development lifecycle activities: requirements management, technical design, implementation, testing/release
- Experience with project management
We’d love to see:
- Financial and/or Market Data experience is a plus
- Experience with high-performance Unix programming
If this sounds like you, we want to talk! Please apply below.