Bloomberg Financial Data Internship - Sao Paulo in Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Requisition Number: 67648
The world is drowning in data. Do you have the ability to navigate through and is also passionate about the financial markets? We are looking for people to discover opportunities out of large amounts of data, gaining rare insights for us and our clients.
You're the type of person that looks beyond the headline. You love the challenge of solving complex problems. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying financial data that inspires breaking news, financial reporting and analysis.
Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers, processing tricky financial data or implementing technology solutions to improve our processes and software, your work will help to ensure the consistency, quality and product delivery of our platform. You're just the sort of person we are looking for to join our Global Data team!
We will trust you to:
- Work with our Fixed Income team on their daily activities;
- Develop expertise in dynamic market sector information;
- Help develop and implement methods of measuring and analyzing data sets and processes;
- Work with a range of proprietary, industry standard, and open source data stores to craft, organize and analyze data;
- Develop research ideas, prototypes and proofs of concepts both in collaboration with other data analysts/engineers and as individually lead projects.
You'll need to have:
- Fluency in English;
- Effective research and data analysis skills;
- Strong Excel knowledge;
- Knowledge of Python programming;
- Keen interest in financial markets (though experience or finance qualification not required);
- Able to work 6 hours per day for the 1-2 years while in school/university in Sao Paulo.
We would love to see:
- Fluency or advanced knowledge of Spanish;
- SQL and R.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
** Resumes must be in English in order to be considered.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.