Bloomberg Fixed Income Data Analyst - São Paulo in Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Requisition Number: 66625
You love the pace of the financial markets. You're always on the pulse with the latest market movements. You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying financial data that inspires breaking news, financial reporting and analysis.
Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers, processing tricky financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will help to ensure the consistency, quality and product delivery of our Fixed Income platform. You're just the sort of person we are looking for to join our Fixed Income team in Global Data!
Global Data is the backbone of the Bloomberg Professional Service. As data analysts, we collect, analyze and present data that informs our clients' decisions. We provide the factual foundation that inspires news and analysis. The foundation runs every core Bloomberg function, piping scrubbed data into our solutions every second. We drive the content that makes Bloomberg the leading and most sought-after data source in the world.
We'll trust you to:
- Source, maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality information for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow improvements
- Implement technology solutions to enhance our processes and software
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with client inquiries
- Develop expertise in fast-moving market sector information
- Work with a range of proprietary, industry standard, and open source data stores to craft, organize and analyze data
- Intake and distill raw data to convey actionable information that enables our clients to make better-informed decisions
- Work with engineering and technology teams to enhance relevant product databases
You'll need to have:
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Business, Engineering or a related field
- Strong Fixed Income knowledge and an understanding of the financial markets – gained either through education, study or work experience
- Proficiency in MS Excel (VBA programming skills are a plus)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, plus the drive to think creatively
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a time sensitive team environment
- A demonstrable commitment to enhancing and developing products
- Knowledge in information technology or statistical analysis or computer programming (for example SQL, MATLAB, Python)
- Effective research and data analysis skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
We would love to see:
- Effective project management skills
- Recent work experience in Finance, Business, Statistics, Engineering, Data Modelling or related discipline
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.