Bloomberg Field Services Engineer - Shanghai in Shanghai, China
Job Requisition Number: 66772
Markets move 24/7. Every second counts. Miss the trade; miss the chance. The trader who needs to make that move, can't access the Bloomberg terminal, and technical support has already tried fixing this over the phone. The problem is now in your hands. You visit. You use your intuition. You think on your feet. You know you got this. Within minutes, your troubleshooting skills have corrected the issue, and the trader is back in business.
In the dynamic financial world, our clients, both internal and external, depend on The Bloomberg Professional service and you. Bloomberg Field Operations wears many hats, providing excellent technical support and customer service as part of a local team. We service customers on the phone, on-line, and on-site. When the technical need arises, we are happy to help.
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver an extraordinary level of customer service under pressure, whilst maintaining focus on solving the issue.
- Flexibly support internal and external client technical needs to resolution.
- Accurately detail troubleshooting steps and resolutions using our proprietary ticketing system.
You'll need to have:
- Experience with Desktop Support, Networking devices, Windows OS, and PC hardware.
- Exposure to networking technology (Networking hardware, TCP/IP, LAN and WAN).
- Excellent interpersonal skills; Read, write, speak in English; fluency in Mandarin.
- Flexible coverage schedule to accommodate occasional evening, weekend work (time off in lieu).
We'd love to see:
- Some programming knowledge
If this sounds like you:
Apply and we'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. To learn more, visit our YouTube channel "Inside Bloomberg" or http://www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.