Bloomberg Network Operations Engineer - Weekend Shift - Singapore in Singapore, Singapore
Job Requisition Number: 66635
The Bloomberg Network Operations team is responsible for managing and supporting one of the largest private networks in the world. As part of this team, you will be responsible for the maintenance, support and development of the Bloomberg Network which is integral to the success of the company. You will be required to work as part of a team that ensures our customers have 24/7 access to the Network in order for them to run their business successfully. You will provide reactive support to customers’ networking issues as well as proactive project work to ensure the Bloomberg network maintains its position at the leading edge of network design and low latency delivery of data to our customers.
What's in it for you?:
In our APAC team, you will be joining a tight-knit group of engineers who are not just passionate about technology, but keen to solve complex problems from analyzing packets to troubleshooting networks. You will also partner with a talented, approachable team with diverse backgrounds across APAC to collaborate with colleagues around the world. You also will be a critical point of contact between Network Operations and various internal departments to improve the quality of technical and telecommunication services provided to our customers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide support and maintenance of our global network using various platforms, from a variety of vendors including Juniper, Cisco, and Linux (Red Hat)
- Manage projects including the installation and decommission of hardware
- Adhere to strict deadlines, including the administration of internal ticketing systems
- Provide hardware and software support as well as configuring and maintaining a multitude of router types including Cisco and Juniper
- Be able to communicate at different levels, as well as being able to remain calm under pressure and be flexible in your approach
You’ll need to have:
- Networking Degree or similar industry standard networking or server qualifications (e.g. CCNA, JNCIA, or Unix) or relevant work experience
- Hands-on network troubleshooting experience of critical issues
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced innovative environment demonstrating high energy, a sense of urgency, and decisiveness
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex network issues
We’d love to see:
- Software programming, scripting and reporting
- Understanding of financial markets and underlying technologies in data
- Knowledge of Data Center build and design fundamentals
The work schedule for this position will be 4 days a week (covering weekends), from 8:00 - 19:00.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.