Bloomberg Enterprise Data - Account Manager, Data License - Sydney in Sydney, Australia
Job Requisition Number: 66746
Data professionals - on both the buy and sell sides - are under mounting pressure to do more with less, even as demands to reduce operational risk and increase operational efficiency have never been greater. While firms acknowledge the need for enterprise-wide data consistency, ensuring its timeliness, quality, delivery, reliability and distribution remains a pervasive challenge.
Firms that commit to utilizing only highest-quality data can eliminate the data inconsistencies inherent to working with multiple vendors and lower their costs overall. A partnership with Bloomberg Enterprise Solutions allows just this, giving them strategic advantage.
What's the role?
As a key member of our rapidly growing Australian Sales team, you'll be responsible for the direct sales of Real-Time Data Feeds, including our News Feeds, as well as Bloomberg Platform You'll work closely with clients and prospects to gain a clear understanding of their business needs, and provide consultative solutions to build stronger relationships.
You'll need to demonstrate credibility with a proven competency and knowledge of enterprise selling across buyside and sellside firms. You'll be a good listener too, and be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in our clients. You'll demonstrate how the quality, reliability and timeliness of Bloomberg content and services will help both financial firms' users and businesses improve processes and comply with new regulations.
You'll be comfortable interacting with C-level executives, experienced with long selling cycles and confident in communicating how our technology solutions will contribute to their overall business goals at a higher level.
We'll trust you to;
- Generate leads for the Enterprise sales team
- Engage in frequent prospecting calls to existing accounts and new business to develop sales opportunities
- Build the sales pipeline and Identify new opportunities to grow revenue within existing accounts
- Stay informed about the evolving Enterprise Solutions business and the financial markets in order to spot trends, look for new opportunities and establish credibility with our clients by understanding their business
- Establish & maintain efficient processes to assist in the smooth day to day operations of sales administration
- Be responsible for administrative duties associated with Account Management
You'll need to demonstrate a depth of understanding in the following areas;
- The Customer's business (who their customers are, how they make money)
- The Customer's technology stack, workflows, and internal structure (org chart, how decisions are made, competing products)
- Features, solutions, and benefits of Bloomberg solutions
You'll also leverage this knowledge to build and maintain credibility with clients, identify gaps and recommend solutions; and deliver on revenue-generating and adoption/usage goals
You'll have 1 to 5 years' experience, ideally in Financial services or technology sales
- You'll have proven ability to identify and develop client relationships
- You'll have Excellent communication and presentation skills
- You'll have outstanding Client service experience , relationship management skills and Sales aptitude
- You'll have experience managing technical and data content sales deals within an account until close and maintain an ongoing relationship with the client
- You'll have working knowledge of the financial community landscape and data needs
- You'll have consultative and solution sales skills
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.