Bloomberg Economy / Government Reporter - Tel Aviv in Tel Aviv, Illinois
Job Requisition Number: 67227
We're seeking an experienced reporter to cover politics and economics in Israel and the Palestinian territories. You'll be at the center of one of the world's best stories and we want a self-starter who has a proven track record of cultivating sources and breaking news.
You will thrive in a real-time news environment and put us ahead of the competition on the biggest stories, collaborating with teammates in Gaza and Ramallah, as well as the wider region.
Economic coverage is an important part of this role and the successful candidate will have a strong understanding of what drives the economy and how that fits in within the broader picture.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news
- Cover global stories, as well as domestic news in Israel and the Palestinian territories
- Cover central bank decisions, key economic indicators and key policy makers. You will also be expected to develop thematic stories as Israel continues its emergence into the ranks of developed markets
- Be comfortable collaborating with TV and radio, and across all our other platforms
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Journalism experience, preferably in a real-time news environment
- Fluent Hebrew
- An ability to cultivate sources and work across teams and platforms
- Experience covering the economy is preferable
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.