Bloomberg Connectivity & Integration Solutions - Implementation Specialist - Tokyo in Tokyo, Japan
Job Requisition Number: 68073
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, track P&L, lead sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs.
Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm’s business model or data, or not offer the ongoing support required to maintain and enhance the solution once live.
That’s where we come in. Here at Bloomberg Connectivity and Integration Solutions (CIS), we help firms implement and manage that complexity. By providing common tools, services and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology relationships, which ultimately drive lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our track record in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding of our customers’ needs, we believe we are uniquely positioned to help clients with this challenge.
What’s the role?
As an Implementation Specialist supporting our growing business in Japan, you will be responsible for technical integration between our clients and Bloomberg's premier applications. Integrations often involve crafting and deploying solutions for clients looking to integrate their systems with the Bloomberg cloud, but can also involve integrating client system with other in-house or 3rd party source or destinations.
Typical engagements can include the use of real-time XML and FIX messaging, data transformations, batch based processes, FpML/SWIFT messaging and other protocols as well as MQ, TCP/IP, FTP and ODBC connectivity between the client and the Bloomberg cloud or other 3rd party system. In addition to data connectivity and transformations, our products also allow clients to code up to our API's in order to access in either a server or desktop architecture.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design, configure and deploy the integration of trading interfaces between Bloomberg and clients using a graph based development environment
- Handle technical consultancy in post-sales implementations
- Oversee the successful completion of integration initiatives
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, which may include troubleshooting and escalations both internally and with clients
- Work on the application and evolution of Bloomberg best practices
You'll need to have:
- A technology background, with programming / scripting experience
- Significant experience with: FIX, XML, SWIFT messaging, Messaging (MQ / Tibco / MSMQ / Sonic / JMS), Data Transformation using XML / XSLT
- Proven ability to independently drive successful engagements with customers
- Capital Markets knowledge with understanding of buy & sell-side order management workflows
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Good written/oral communication skills in English
- Fluency in Japanese is a must
We'd love to see:
- Web Services
- Database design and use (ETL, triggers, and stored procedures) for DB’s (Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, etc.)
- Unix & Linux skills (to user level – Navigating Through Applications Logs)
- Target & Source Systems such as: Charles River, PFS, EZE Castle, FMC, SS&C, Murex, Calypso, SunGard, Custodians, etc.
- Management of multiple client facing projects
For more information on Bloomberg Connectivity & Integration and our suite of products, visit the site below: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/enterprise-gateway/
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.